I am going back to work tomorrow after a two-week break. In truth, I’m a little apprehensive about it.
The past term was tough and there were a few times I felt myself being pulled away from all the wonderful creative practices I have worked so hard to cultivate in my life. This term, I determined to remain focused on the things that matter and to draw clear boundaries between work and home.
I’m lucky, in a sense, to get regular time away from work to recover – although I must say that without it I think most teachers wouldn’t last the year.
The past two weeks have allowed me time to catch my breath, move a little slower and savour more of my time. I’ve spent more time being creative, relaxing, resting, outside walking, journaling, planning my business, dreaming, planning my tiny house, and just generally not feeling so stressed and overwhelmed.
It has been lovely.
Here are a few of the things I am most grateful for, from the past week:
- Sleeping more (something I don’t get to do enough during the term!)
- Spending time with family, friends and my partner
- Taking my pup for more walks
- Having the time to create my blog planner
- Making my lunch fresh, at home, every day
- Reading in bed until late morning
- Watching some of my favourite TV shows
- Journaling more often
- Having time to read blogs and other inspirational material online
- Just pottering around the house, sometimes aimlessly, and staying in my PJs well past breakfast…
As I head back to work tomorrow, I am mindful focusing on the positive and maintaining my creative practices in my own time.
What are you most grateful for this week?